Friday, June 7, 2013

Summer Snow Day 5

When you think you can't get any better, its over, and you should stop doing what you're doing and try something new. 

Today my Mom brought my boys in to see me and meet everyone.  They helped me carve on one of my jars.
It's probably my favorite piece ever.
 Today I finished up all the Work I had going.

List of finished work:
3 small lided jars
1 large lidded jar
set of 6 cups
2 pitchers
3 large batter bowls
1 set 3 seated batter bowls
2 large oval bakers
1 large square baker
2 small oval feeted pots
6 assorted cups
6 assorted bowls
2 tumblers
1 large bottle
After lunch of pizza baked in the kiln, we headed out to Spring City to see Joes' Shop.
I bought these pots, they live at my house now!
This is Joes' Salt kiln.  The burner went out on its last fire at cone 7, which is severely under fired so it just sits, full, and waiting.  Kind of like a cool mystery.
 Here is Joe in his Wood-fired kiln, telling us his philosophies of firing ect.
 This was an incredible week, full of incredible experiences and amazing people.

I so appreciate Nick for letting me go, and my parents for watching my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment