Monday, June 3, 2013

Summer Snow day 1


"Art is the expression of human feeling in perceptible form." Suzanne Langor

 Today we talked about small vessels such as bowls and cups.

My favorite was talking about the implied intimacy in a cup. That it will be held in someone's hand and put to their lips. When you think about it there is an inherent intimacy to a cup, or even a bowl. That very personal expectation that this "object" will be put to someone's mouth. Very cool.

 I made a series of 7 of this cup.

 I also made several bowls.

 Joe talked about bowls as colonized space. That because of their shape they occupy more space than they do.

I also made several bowls and got to teach a few others some cool decorating things.
I went back that night and worked, and this is Lee, working across from me.
It was such a treat to work with colleagues, and not be in charge of anyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment