Friday, July 5, 2013

#9 and #10 ...Going Black

It is hard to tell in these pictures, but these 3 pots (#9,#10, and the jar) are actually a Black Stoneware Body called "Black Mountain".  I throw primarily in a smooth/ white stoneware body called "B Mix", but I really like Black mountain.

#9 is short and I pushed the oval fairly narrow.
I love the way the handles turned out, and the cute foot.
 #10 is much taller and super clean.  I like that the walls taper slightly down to the foot
 And the negative space made by the foot is AWESOME!
 And then another jar form.  This jar has similar decoration to #9.  I wish I had brought the line decoration down farther on the handle, and I need to find a way to glaze this to bring out the decor, cause it gets kind of lost.  I do like the way the lid fits on this one better.  I trimmed the lid on the jar, whereas the last one I trimmed on the wheel, trimming it on the jar seems to help me get the look I want.

-Potterymom

No comments:

Post a Comment